create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Monday, July 25, 2011

BBQ+Friends+Children= This Momma needs a Nap!



So yesterday was a long day. It started like everyday does around here, I thee Momma gets up first, showers and is met by the fur child as soon as I step out of the shower. He seems to always be worried that I forgot his breakfast or dinner depending on the time of day. Coffee made, bottles prepped, kitchen cleaned, breakfast made, and yes fur child fed and let out, then its time to get the ladies up...normally one of them is up babbling by this point and can be heard over the tv monitor.

What made yesterday a little different was I added more tasks to my already normally long todo list...prep for bbq. Yep, we were having some dear friends come over and I being me decided to make few things from scratch ahead of time, because I just so love the challenge...which I met by the way, and also cleaned most of the front deck patio furniture too before hand...not that Im tooting my own horn or anything....toot toot :)

So the family came and all was going well, four kiddos, four adults and one fur child. Thankfully my friends son who is 5 decided to attach himself to our fur child, so that was awesome, because my fur kiddo will come get me if something goes wrong. And I think he enjoyed the extra attention, for the most part. Best quote between those two was heard as they were both out in the backyard..."Polar I cannt do that, you have four legs and I only have two"...my friend and I just started laughing and went back to dealing with twins and a 2 year old. Where were the husbands you ask?? either around the snack table, which until I asked him todo something my husband was happy to pull up a chair too (loves my dips :))or they were around the bbq.

This was one of our first bbqs with little kiddos plus ours. I soon realized that actual visiting wasn't going to be happening. To much baby wrangling was going on. To my two little ladies credit, they actually did awesome with having two extra kiddos try and "visit and play" with them. My ladies really tried to play back...i.e touch face and grab anything near. Our old bbq's filled with hanging out and catching up with friends was becoming a bbq with a main course of child chasing, baby wrangling and common words of "dont feed him that, get off that, I changed the last diaper", and so on. By the end of dinner where instead of being relaxed, I felt at the end to really need one of these, and I think my friend and even the husbands did too....


Maybe it also had something to do with the eat your hamburger negations that were going on with the 5 year old, maybe it was the toddler who was trying to test out all the chairs at the table, the fur child who was pacing around and under the table like a shark circling in the water or the ladies who decided tossing their toys to the floor so someone would pick them up was more fun...at any rate we visited the best that we could.

At the end of the night came the donations, you see we are happy to except donations of clothing and toys from family and friends.Which my MIL has taken and run with, but that is a whole different story. Because when you have twins money is tight (unless your a lottery winner..hope hope hope) and buying things in pairs sometimes just cannt happen. So whenever friends call and say we have clothing so and on, we say sure bring them over...We have been very lucky and blessed in all that we have received, and feel very loved.

You would think however we would have learned by now on asking before hand how much are you bring...because at the end of the night, our friends unloaded the car before leaving...her husband came in with a trash bag and box, Im say oh thank you and go ahead and put it over there...then he leaves and comes back with another bag, then another....ummmmm.

Moral of the story, ask amounts! My husband says we will not turn away anything free, but then he doesnt deal with it once the "free" is here...so four trash bags and two boxes now sit looking at me...so does the ladies and fur child....when is naptime again????






Ahh, Mommahood.

No comments:

Post a Comment