create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Are we there yet?????





This is what it seems like most days now as my husbands work schedule winds down/up for shift change i.e. going from nights to days. It has been a long two months of having him working nights and this momma being it, numeral uno for the adult part of the house during the evenings, overnight and part of the morning....yea fun times being out numbered by the ladies and fur child. But to his credit there are many mornings my husband after going to bed about 4am, would then get up, help me get the ladies upstairs and even sometimes help feed them their first bottle of the day, then even have breakfast with me. Have you ever seen two sleep deprived people eat and talk in the morning??? Entertaining let me tell you.

So as we get close to having Dad back around the house, the next few days in getting there are going to suck ass! yep no two ways about it. We are facing a very long weekend that is backed to the beginning of day shift and has no real day off in between. Which means zombie dad and momma continues..... I just want to scream are we there yet?!??! I would like to get the ball rolling on having the husband "dad" being home in the evenings again. Because the good thing is HE IS HOME AT NIGHT, I have my teammate again in dealing with late night binkie whines, screams of why is she changing my diaper and what the hell is going on in my face, why does it hurt???

Which is all awesome to have my better half to tag 'your it' for things. But the down side is having to adjust to having him back...we have our routine, the way we do things, and now we have to factor another person back in. Its funny, when it was just the fur child and I and my husband would shift change, it took us a few days to get use to having him back. Not sure why it always seems like you have to adjust to having him back, but you do. Its like your re-introducing yourself to this person who has knows you better than anyone else. And since having kids with, he is the one who has seen and helped you with things no one else would have...esp while pregnant and I was unable to see feet, legs, left or right side of my body.

So I'm gearing up for this last push to get my little family of five back together...not sure how cheerful I will be come Monday (thankfully I have beer in the fridge to help) and the husband is officially back to working during the day, but I know my home will feel more complete.


ahh mommahood

1 comment:

  1. I hope the shift in the routine goes smoothly! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete