create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Its 5 o clock somewhere...




Before having kids did you ever say I will not be one of those Mommas??
In my momma induced brain, I believe I have a time or two...boy was I stupid. Now granted I didn't know any better, I mean how can you until you have completed nine months of the most oddest, coolest, sometimes uncomfortable and hellish experience known as pregnancy and be given one or in my case two screaming but cute babies that you can take home.

It has gotten easier since the ladies have been home. I don't know if it helps that as each month goes by my husband and I get a little wiser and don't look like total dumb asses now in public...but I can admit here and only here, there are points in this crazy parenting thing thus far that seem to get a tad easier as the ladies grow up (why do I have a feeling Im being a dumb ass again?). I personally do not miss the newborn phase, only because feeding two every two hours and they were not together meant every hour feeding...and you were having to feed a bobble headed baby.

One major lesson I have learned so far, is when your by yourself and need a moment to regroup, esp now that the ladies are teething....having a beer isn't the worse choice to make. So Ive become one of those Mommas. YEP. I have one beer on the nights I'm alone with the ladies...seems to always fall into the time of the feeding right before the baths and bed. And boy does it help get me over the hump and into the right frame of mind to get the day done. We all seem more relaxed. Happy Momma = Happy Kids.

Ahh Mommahood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment