create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nuggets my way...what Im thankful for this last week...


This awesome blog http://www.digthischickmt.com/ weekly posts nuggets.."hump day nuggets: little bits of the season in photos and words about the last week"...so Im going to attempt the same again. Yes I know its Sat. but its Tuesday at my house..for a little while longer. So lets dive in and yes I know there are no pictures, I still have to pull them off of my phone, camera and facebook, yuppers so you are free to imagine :)
(HAA! see considering I have been working on this for days, now there are pics too!).

1. I heart bbqs. I really do when it comes down to it, yep they are a lot of work esp with a couple of families, kids and dogs but I enjoy a full house...this past week we had a handful of bbqs with friends at our house. And I love this time of year. All the doors open, friends standing out on the deck, the warmth of the sun coming in.
I look forward to when the ladies can get into having company over to play with, chat with, just spent time with. Having them out in the backyard playing in the grass or picking me some "flowers" from my flowerbeds.


2. The power of floor time...the ladies love floor time. This week we have stepped it up a notch and seem to be spending as much time on the floor as possible. The ladies are beginning to babble to each other or in the direction of...but I noticed lately they are making eye contact with each other, smiling, waving and now saying Iiiii!


3. Routines....the ladies and I thrive on them. And I dont mean that this has to be set in stone. But they know what naptime is, bathtime, family couch time and I will hope because its been a good run so far...what bedtime is too. Neither lady can really talk yet, but you lay out their pjs and both will smile and begin to cuddle with you. And I kinda miss the cuddling, doesnt seem to happen as much as it use to, unless they are sleepy. But this past week we tried to do a couple family outtings during what would be considered bathtime...although they were happy campers leaving to go where we were headed in their PJs, and they were sleepy as went headed home...once home they were wide awake, like they had a coffee break without either the husband or I looking!


4. Pointing....ever see ET? Well Kyndel this week is all about pointing, we have went from pat pat to point poke...its extremely cute unless your changing her diaper and she is lightly poking you in the arm....buttttt we had our ET moment this morning during the first diaper change of the day, I held out my finger and she met it with her own and smiled with your I have only two teeth grin... and I was making a mental note to bring a camera next time...

they were talking to each other right before I took the pic...I swear!

5. Its all about the gab...yep you know we have twin girls every morning now days. 7am hits and they begin their conversation. Yesterday I went down to get them up and found my husband laying in bed just listening to them...we are not sure what it is they are talking about, but you can reconize words like Momma, Dada, Baba, Ga ga....and Violets favorites Wowwww, whoaaaaaaa... best way to start your day.


So I have to admit, I started this on our Monday (your Fri) and its now our Friday and Im finally ready to move this to posting...gah i tell you days fly here, some are good, some are long, some are loud, hair pulling, and filled with a few tears....but always have love woven in and out of every one....


Oh! and before I forget, I have to add this pic of last night...because you know sharing is caring....
Ms Violet is a master with sharing food with the fur-child...now if she would JUST feed herself I would be thrilled! baby steps...

Happy Friday (Tuesday) Mommas.






Ahh, Mommahood.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your nuggets! Oh I so know the dwindling cuddles...BUT, you know, they still happen and because they are strategic and chosen, they are packed full of love and energy. My kids are still little and I so hope I get kid-mama cuddles forever.

    xo
    dig

    ReplyDelete