create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Crafts, Gifts and a Kid free Field Trip


So the other day the husband decided to take over the kiddos and give me a "Get Out of Jail Card"...which now thinking about it makes me worried because that would be two kid free outings now, so I have to wonder what kind of man day he is wanting. Ohh no, sneaky, very sneaky. Anyways I was free for the afternoon...have you ever tried to leave your house alone before noon? I swear it was like everyone and everything needed my attention as I was trying to get myself out the door in my don't touch kid free clothes.


Once on the road, I talked myself in to lunch (hmmm lunch with some peace and quiet), then off to my first stop. I have this idea that the ladies and I are going to be making the husbands birthday gift this year, YES I can hear the vetern moms laughing now, what is this newbie thinking!?!. I mean, I have kids, and I don't get out much anymore, so why not put them to work? This is my insane reasoning. Moving on my first couple of stops consisted of collecting items for this great kid friendly craft idea I pulled off another mom-blog site....does it work? looks like it from her pictures, however with having the twins instead of just one baby, I may need to call in back up to help. All I know is its going to be messy, and I hope I get some sort of product to give the husband, because if this is successful then I see a lot of these being made by the twins for Christmas gifts! Wanna know what the craft/possible awesome gift I am talking about, here is the link:

http://moderndaymoms.com/pudding-paint/

I will be posting pictures and how it went in the next couple of weeks. The husbands birthday isn't till the end of September, however I am learning that to depend on something going well you should probley have a back up plan. So I plan on having the ladies do this project soon (while we have some warmth outside, cause we are doing this OUTSIDE!) and see how it turns out. That way if it doesn't work, I have time to come up with a plan B.

The remaining part of my day consisted of taking myself into a clothing store. Holy cow it has been a long time since I wandered a store looking at clothing just for myself. I was totally overwhelmed, and after an hour and gathering a small collection of items I made myself leave. It was a dangerous situation to put myself in, I could of stayed there all day...and we do not have the funds to support that.. Seriously it was that fun, I couldn't help but giggle to myself as I found things, then I would look at it with these new eyes...

Thinking, yea they would totally stretch that out, oh puke, crap and pretty much anything they produce would so look awesome on that, crap I cannot go bra-less anymore, whoa is that a shirt or a dress?? either way I wouldn't be able to pick a kid up. I'm sure I was very entertaining to those around me as I giggled and muttered to myself while wandering, touching, ohhhh and ahhhh over things. But this Momma is SO going back, and darn I have things I need to return/exchange...yea I didn't see that coming, noo that wasn't planned at allll :)

As I drove home with my treasures and supplies, the radio off enjoying the silence, I wondered what the state of the house would be in, how the ladies were doing, whether or not the husband had remembered to let the dog out or let him back in... you know the little things..


When I walked in the door, I found however two very excited little ladies in their high chairs babbling away in a language we have yet to learn, a fur child circling around my legs (100 lbs mind you)waiting for me to stop so he could sit down and lean into me, and my wonderful husband aka super Dad, looking proud to show they are all still alive, doing fine, but really happy to have Momma back home..





Ahh, Mommahood.

No comments:

Post a Comment