create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Mom vrs. the Binkie

Now I understand the benefits of the binkie...I was a binkie kid myself I'm told...but the current situation that is now happening on a nightly rotation in my house with the ladies is getting old very fast. You see they are 6.5 months old. Violet is just now holding on to things and kinda grabbing at stuff. While Kyndel is a pro of sorts. She can grab, throw, twist, inspect and also insert binkie on own. So why all the lack of binkie love you ask??? Because it seems at night both ladies 9 times out of 10 want to have it inserted by which ever poor sleepless parent is avail. which currently falls upon me 90% of the time. And nether lady is really awake when the whine call happens because the beloved binkie fell out! So maybe its my fault, because if they whine I go in to their room, I don't like the situation to get out of hand and one of both end of waking and a cry fest begins, so I nip it in the bud. But still seriously each morning I have now gotten up and cursed the binkie gods to WHY?!??! and yet I know that during the rest of the day the binkie and I will become partners in muting the ladies and turning them into happy relaxed clams...
Now I know, I do not kid myself in understanding while this is something of a tool, it will become a major foe when they are older. I'm prepared I tell you, I've read books! I've talked to people!!! (LMAO I sound like I have never had kids now). But I can say I have a few ideas on how to make our house binkie free when the time comes.....maybe not as comical as Im told my mom did with me..."we were driving down the road and I took the binkie out of your mounth and told you the baby cows now needed it more than you. Then I openned and threw it out the window..."

Ahhh, the joys of Mommahood.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD! Your moms reasoning was the BEST! If Rylee becomes binky dependent, I am using that line with her! Sadly Rylee was never a binky baby, but lately has taken to wanting one at night. So now, if it falls out, we have the same situation as you going on (minus worrying about another baby waking). However Rylee only whines for a second, then it turns into angry growling and crying and she WILL NOT take a binky until you have found some other way to calm her down, then she won't fall asleep until you find the perfect timing to give her the binky. It's a vicious cycle!

    ReplyDelete